**NOTE: You can use store bought or homemade pound cake. Whatever you decide to go with, freeze it first so that it doesn’t break up while your mixing it into the chocolate.**
YIELD: Yields one 8×8 pan
- 11 oz. dark chocolate
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 3 cups (6oz) cubed store-bought pound cake
- 1 cup (4oz) Diamond of California chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raspberry (4oz) raspberry
- 2 tablespoons of Diamond of California silvered almonds
- 1/4 cup (1 1/4 oz) white chocolate. melted
Preparation: Line 8×8 pan with a plastic wrap or foil sling. leaving a 1 inch overhang on each side.
- Place chocolate, butter and corn syrup in a heat proof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Once melted remove bowl from heat and set aside 1/3 cup of mixture.
- Add cubed pound cake and walnuts into chocolate mixture and fold to combine. Spread mixture into plastic or foiled lined pan. Pour the remaining 1/3 cup of mixture on top and using an offset spatula, spread to an even finish.
- Sprinkle raspberry and almonds on top. To finish, drizzle with melted white chocolate. Transfer fully assembled pan to refrigerator and chill until set. Once set, grab hold of plastic wrap or foil overhang and remove from pan and slice to serve
- Keep bars chilled until ready to serve. Bars will keep for 3-4 day in a tightly covered container.
I crave you in the most innocent form. I crave to say goodnight and give you forehead kisses and to say that I adore you when you feel at your worst. I crave you in ways where I just want to be next to you and nothing more or less.
I don’t know how sturdy this would be, but it seems like a interesting project!